SPECIAL CODE PHRASE is:
"HELLO, DEAR FRIENDS!"
The letter must be sent no later than November 29, 5:00 pm (Moscow time).
International Mission Center of Charity & Art
"Araunah Youth Ministries"
with a support by
Moscow International Association of Guitar Art
Online Competition & Festival
Welcome to the 2nd International Classical Guitar Online Competition & Festival “Concert day”!
Why “Concert day”? - You may ask… Because we have special rules, participants will have only one day for making a video recording and send the link to us. Any concert day in a life of any musician is a something special feeling. A musician knows his concert date and preparing his repertoire very precisely and with a responsibility and when the time is coming he try to do his best. This situation is very useful to develop any talent. We have a goal to organize this Competition and Festival as a special possibility to grow up the levels of the competitors. With the results of the Competition all participants will get a personal review (details of playing, advises and impression) from each member of the jury. Some of the competitors will win a possibility as a special prize,
to get online master class with members of the jury.
Please reed our rules very attentively and good luck in your Concert day!
1. Organizers: International Mission Center of Charity & Art "Araunah Youth Ministries" with a support by Moscow International Association of Guitar Art
2. Location: Remotely, by video recording – YouTube link
3. Dates: The application form should be sent until the 20th of November 2020 – dead line to registration of participants.
The video recording of the first round has to be made on 29th of November along with sending the YouTube link. The results of the first round will be announced on 4th of December.
The video recording of the 2nd round has to be made on 5th of December along with sending the YouTube link. The results of the 2nd round will be announced on December 12.
4. Concerts: 28th of November will be the Opening concert, then on December 4 will be a lecture-concert and on December 12 will be a Closing concert.
5. The special terms:
On the video before to play a participant must to say his name, program and a special password (code phrase) that will be unnounced on the day before on the online concert of the jury member. Also the password will be sent to the participants by E-mail and avalible on Facebook.
In the day of Competition (November 29 is the 1st round and December 5 is the 2nd round) participant has to record a video, upload it to Youtube and send a link by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Who may take part: the Competition is open for classical guitarist from all over the world
7. Diplomas along with a personal reviews, details of playing, advises and impressions of the jury will be sent to the partisipants by E-mail until 10th of Janury 2021
8. All the results and videos will be open and available on website
How to take part
Please send the application form, passport and your photo to email@example.com until November 20.
Within 2 days the participant receives a confirmation of registration and details for payment of the registration fee by E-mail.
Next, the participante transfers the registration fee $40
On November 28 at 1.00 pm. (Moscow time) will be an online concert of Evgeny Finkelstein will take place at the link: https://www.facebook.com/evgeni.finkelstein
At the concert, Evgeny Finkelstein announces a special code phrase (password), which the participant must to say before performing his program on video on the day of the Competition. The code phrase will also be published on the Competition website and on the social networks Facebook, VK and Instagram.
5. Next, the participant records a video of his performance (in which he say a password phrase before the performance), uploads his performance to the YouTube server and sends a link to firstname.lastname@example.org
The letter must also include the name of the participant and the program. The letter must be sent no later than November 29, 5:00 pm (Moscow time).
E-mails received later will not participate in the Competition.
6. On December 4, the results of the 1st round will be published on the website of the Competition (and in social networks) - only those age groups for which the Competition is held in two rounds.
7. On December 5 at 1 pm (Moscow time) will be the creative meeting (online) and a lecture by Dmitry Borodaev will take place at the link: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004778381055 During the meeting, a special code phrase will be announced, which the participant of the Competition must say before performing on the video recording of the 2nd round of the Competition.
8. Next, the participant of the 2nd round records a video of his performance, in which he says a code phrase before the performance, uploads a video of his performance to the YouTube server and sends a link to email@example.com. The letter must include the name of the participant and his program. The letter must be sent until 5:00 pm (Moscow time) on December 6.
E-mails received later will not participate in the Competition!
On December 12, at 1.00 pm (Moscow time) will be the online concert of Grigory Baranov will take place at the link:
The results of all age groups and nominations will be published on the website of the Competition www.concertday.ru and on the social networks Facebook, VK and Instagram.
The Competition is held in 4 nominations:
- "Solo" - held in one or two rounds, depending on the age group
- "Chamber Ensemble" - a guitar duet or a guitar in a duet with another instrument, will be held in two rounds
- "Trio or Quartet" (mixed composition of instruments is allowed), performed in one round
- "Teacher - student" (guitar duet), will be held in one round
The age of the participant is determined on 11/29/2020
(inclusive, for all age groups).
Participants can take part in older age groups, performing the program provided for these categories. The age group in the nominations "Chamber ensemble", "Trio or Quartet" is determined by the older participant.
- Group A (participants up to 8 years old inclusive) - will be held in one round
- Group B (participants from 9 to 10 years old inclusive) - one round
- Group C (participants from 11 to 12 years old inclusive) - one round
- Group D (participants from 13 to 14 years old inclusive) - one round
- Group E (participants from 15 to 16 years old inclusive) - two rounds
- Group F (participants from 17 to 18 years old inclusive) * - two rounds
- Group H - students and graduates of colleges, universities (academy, conservatory) - no age limit - two rounds
* students of a musical colleges, universities (academy, conservatory) are not allowed to participate in these groups
For all nominations and age groups, the program is free - at the participant's choice. The total playing time on the video should not exceed 20 minutes (first or second round).
In the younger age categories (A, B, C and D) a playing time could be shorter (5-15 minutes), and in the older age categories (E, F and H), the longer ones are 10-20 minutes. The number of pieces is not limited - one, two or more. It is desirable that the pieces be diverse. It is recommended (but not mandatory) to include in the program works of the era of the classical or romantic period (XVIII - early XIX centuries - F. Sor, M. Giuliani, L. Legnani, N. Paganini, F. Gragnani, F. Carulli, D. Aguado, V. Mateika, A. Loyer, A. Diabelli, N. Coste, J.K. Merz and others) and composers of the Renaissance and Baroque (XVI - XVII centuries - J. Dowland, L. de Narvaes, G. Suns, S.L. Weiss, I.S.Bach and others). In programs of older age categories, performance of a large form is encouraged (but not mandatory) - sonatina, sonata, suite, variations, rondo, fantasy. At the request of the jury (in case of performance an unknown composition), the participant must provide the score of the composition.
1. The all performing of the participant is recorded in one file without breaks in the video recording - stopping the video (changing frames) are not allowed.
2. Audio or video cutting of the recording is not allowed.
3. In the "Solo" nomination participants play by heart. In other nominations, performance with a score is allowed.
4. At the beginning of the performance have to introduce himself, announce the program to be performed and saying the code phrase, which will be announced by the jury member at the online concerts on November 28 and December 5 and publish on the Competition website and in all social networks in our groups. Videos in which the password phrase is not saying will be not participate in the Competition.
5. The participant must wear a concert uniform - any concert clothing in which one can go on stage.
6. Sound amplification, additional processing of sound and video material is not allowed.
7. The videos should clearly show the artist, his face and both hands.
The head of the jury
was born in Moscow in 1972. He was eleven years old when he began his first lessons with famous Russian guitarist Alexander Frauchi. In 1987 Evgeni entered the Russian Musical College. His teacher there was the famous composer and guitarist Nikita Koshkin. In 1991 he passed the exams and enrolled in the Russian Gnesins Academy of music, where Evgeni attended professor Frauchi's classes. He attracted the attention of Koshkin and Frauchi who were prominent in supporting his development. From 1996 till 1997 Evgeni took lessons from the outstanding teacher – Kamill Arturovich Frauchi.
1995 – prizewinner of the first Moscow international classical guitar competition
1995 – prizewinner of the 4-th classical guitar competition «Guitar in Russia» (in Woronezh)
1996 – the prizewinner of the international classical guitar competition «Printemps de la Guitar» in Belgium
Evgeni plays many concerts in Russia, in the past Soviet Union, in Great Britain, in Germany, in Austria and in other European countries.
In 2002, the German music publisher "Acoustic Music" released a CD Eugene Finkelstein's "The Fall of the birds. Russian guitar music", which includes the works of N. Koshkin, S. Rudnev and G. Belyaev. The album received many enthusiastic press reviews. Also, Evgeny Finkelstein produced albums «Sonata» (2004), «Lachrimae» (2010) and «Le Baroque» (2015) on the Acoustic Music label.
Since 1993 E. Finkelstein teaches at the high school – at the State Classical Academy in Moscow. He became a professor of Academy in 2010. Many of his students became prizewinners of the classical guitar competitions.
Dmitry Borodaev - russian guitarist and composer, president of Moscow International Association of Guitar Art, member of the Moscow Union of composers.
He learned to play classical guitar in Moscow, the honored worker of arts of Russia, Professor Natalia Ivanova-Kramskaya at the school at the Moscow Conservatory and the State specialized Institute of arts. Then he entered the Moscow state Conservatory. P. I. Tchaikovsky in the class of Professor Vladislav Agafonnikov on a speciality "composition", graduated from the Conservatory in 2014 with honors and a post-graduate of the Conservatory in 2016.
Laureate of international competitions of performers on classical guitar in Bulgaria, Germany, Russia and Ukraine. The winner of the Moscow composers ' competition "Andalusian wind" (2007). Tours of a musician took place in the cities of Russia from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok, as well as the concert halls of Ukraine, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Bulgaria, Germany and Spain. Collaborated with such ensembles as the Russian state Symphony orchestra of cinematography, Symphony orchestra of the Primorsky Opera and ballet theatre "Russian Opera house", the Omsk academic Symphony orchestra, orchestra "Novaya Rossiya" (art. dir.Yuri Bashmet), the Moscow state academic symphonic orchestra of Pavel Kogan, etc.
Laureate of the Moscow Government in the nomination "the Best young specialist in the sphere of culture 2014".
The first prize and the audience award at the VI All-Russian competition of young composers for the best composition for organ (Moscow, 2015).
Grand Prix of the International contest-festival of musical heritage and contemporary composers "Tchaikovsky-the legacy" (Moscow-Podolsk, 2015).
In 2017 Dmitry took part as composer in the international festival «Hearing China» in Shanghai with «Dragon-boat» fantasy for pipa & orchestra. From 2016 - the head of the city methodological center in the direction of "guitar" Directorate of educational programs in the sphere of culture and art in Moscow.
Dmitry is a teacher at the Moscow Conservatory named Peter Tchaikovsky and music school named composer Kirill Molchanov. Dmitri's students won many times at national and international classical guitar competitions, became winners of the Vladimir Spivakov Foundation, received grants from the Moscow government, as the most talented young guitarists of Russia.
was born in 1987 in Vladivostok, Russia. He began to play guitar at the age 15 from his father Victor Baranov. Grigory Baranov is a graduate (2012) and postgraduate (2015) of the Moscow State Classical Academy Maimonid. He studied in the class of well-known professor A. K Frauchi, and since 2007 continues in the class of professor Evgeny Finkelstein.
From the first years of his guitar study, Grigory has lead an active concert life, constantly building his repertoire of new works and performing in concerts in Russia and abroad. He often visits France and Belgium for master-classes of well-known European guitarist Johan Fostier. Grigory also attends the festival of guitarists in Israel, Italy, Germany and Switzerland where he perfected his skill with masters of the guitar such as David Russell, Marcin Dylla, Hubert Cappel, Julio Tampolini, Alvaro Perry, Remi Jousselme, Bae Jang Heum and others.
In 2002, Grigory won the International Contest of Young Performers which was held in Russia. 2005 – Special prize in the Korean Guitar Association International Competition (Soul). 2008 and 2010. - Winner of the International Guitar Festival in the ‘BRAHMAN’ competition. 2011 - Laureate of International competition ‘Virtuosos of the Guitar’ in Saint Petersburg.2012 - Diploma of the International competition ‘Classical guitar’ (Novosibirsk). 2012 - The laureate of the International competition ‘Music World’ (Moscow, Russia). 2015 – First prize winner of the international guitar competition “Golden age of the guitar” (Moscow, Russia).
In his repertoire, Grigory Baranov has three solo programs which include the music of different epochs and styles - from the Renaissance to the composers of our modern times. He is extremely fond of ensemble. In his creative portfolio Grigory has three programs of guitar duets (in the ensemble ‘GriAl’ with AlekseySokolov), as well as a program of works by Spanish and Latin-American folk music (with the well-known soprano Elizabeth Kanauzava). Grigory Baranov produced 7 albums CDs: “Lute music” (2005), “Returning of the winds” (2008), “Poeticos” (2016) - guitar duos; “Spanish and Brazillian songs” (2015), “Andalusia” – with voice; “L’istesso tempo” and “Arpeggione” – with cello.
From 2013, Grigory Baranov became the artistic Director of the annual concert series “My Island – Guitar” in the “M.I. Glinka Russian Museum Association of Musical Culture” (Moscow). Now Grigory Baranov is a chief guitar teacher in The Far Eastern State Institute of Arts (Vladivostok).
• Diplomas – Grand Prize, I, II, III, IV, V, and VI places in each nomination and age group.
• Grand Prix - a cash prize of $130 among all nominations and age categories. Awarded to the participant or ensemble with the most high points.
• Certificate for free participation in the next "Concert Day" Competition in 2021.
• Guitar strings from leading manufacturers.
• CD albums (autographed disc) from the jury.
• As a special prize in the nomination "Solo" among age groups B, C, D, E, F and H - 9 prize remote individual master classes (45 minutes) will be given on Skype or Zoom platforms. Master classes will be held by members of the jury of the Competition. The date and time of the master class is agreed separately with the participant. The jury members select the participants of the master classes through a special vote.
• All participants and teachers of the participants are awarded with certificates and diplomas.
The jury reserves the right to award not all prizes, as well as to divide places between the participants. The Grand Prize must be awarded on a mandatory basis to the participant or ensemble with the highest point.
All decisions must be final and not subject to revision.
In all nominations and age groups the registration fee is $40 per participant or ensemble. After the application form will be received, the participant has the details of the fee transfer.
1. If a participant changes his mind about taking part in the competition, the registration fee is not refundable.
2. After November 20 (application deadline), changes in the program will not be accepted.
3. Responsibility for the technical support when recording, downloading and sending the link entirely with the participant. The organizers of the Competition are not responsible if the participant was unable to record a video of his performance, upload a file on YouTube or send a link to the mail of the Competition. If the organizing committee of the Competition does not receive a link to the performance within the specified period, the participant's application is canceled.
4. The fact of transferring the registration fee by the participant of the Competition is considered to agree with all the rules and conditions of the Competition set forth in this Regulation.
5. The organizers of the Competition reserve the right to post videos of the participants on the Competition website and on the Competition YouTube channel. After January 21, 2021 the participant can delete his video.
| WhatApp/Mobile: +79242535222